Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Some changes have occurred

Yes, friends, some changes have occurred since my last post. Many of you are up to date on the happenings of the last year of our little family's life; for the rest of you, I'll give a brief synopsis and piece together more detail in future posts. (Feel free to go back to my previous posts to read about how I decided to pursue nursing as a new career.)

First off, I have been in school for the past year. Until this January I was taking classes in preparation for my application to nursing school. I was accepted to Kent State's accelerated bachelor of science in nursing program and started classes earlier this month. I'm loving all that I'm learning and have realized over the past year that my previous phobia of the sciences was greatly unfounded. I love human physiology and am excited to apply the information I've learned already to nursing school and practice.

Those of you that remember my blog will probably notice that some changes have been made to the structure and title. The previous moniker of "The Man Cave" was cool in its time, but seeing that I no longer own a home and as a result no longer have a man cave (which was very cool, by the way), I figured it was time to reinvent my blog. After all, I've been reinventing myself for the past year. Thus, my new title. With changing geography, professional status, and family size (we did welcome our 4th child into the world since my last post) has come a lot of introspection. I have learned an awful lot about myself, the meaning of family and friends, and society itself in the past year. I will undoubtedly continue to gain more glimpses of life as I continue down this path, most likely following a "the more I see the less I know" pattern so aptly described by the fantastic U2. My humble hope is to share some of my experiences of marriage, fatherhood, and nursing school in a humorous and enjoyable way, with an occasional morsel of valuable insight, should I ever run into one. For now, it's back to the books. My reinvented life calls!

No comments: