Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dude, it's been like 2 weeks.

So, it's been a while since I've graced the world wide web with my insightful commentary on whatever the heck I want to go off on. 13 long days, to be exact. A lot has happened in these 13 days. Last weekend we went to visit some friends of ours, and Kevin and I made him a new garden. Now, that thing was hot. I'm talking sizzlin' hot. It's completely boxed in with poultry wire and even sports a knockout door that just calls out "enter and be filled with fresh, green veggieliciousness." It really gave me the itch to get out and plant our garden. I have to say that last year really gave me a love for growing vegetables. It gives one a satisfaction, an even keener sense of providing, to actually cultivate, grow, and harvest a season's worth of fresh, vitamin-packed organic goodness, grown from the very bowels of mother earth. Yes, real satisfaction is found right in my own back yard.

Yesterday my wife and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary. It's been a great three years and I can't believe how quickly it has gone by and how far we've come with our family, home, etc in just a short 36 months. Hopefully I'll keep kickin' it for the next 50 years (or 600 months, if you want to look at it that way).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that I like the ANALogy of vegetables coming from Mother Earth's bowels. The only veggies I've seen produce from a bowel is undigested corn.

Congrats on the three years. You have been fruitful and multiplied. Just waiting for the announcement that number 3 is on the way.