Friday, April 4, 2008

Really grinds my gears.

You know what really grinds my gears? Email addresses that market a person's self-image to the world. For instance, I talked with a customer this morning who's name is Ace (?) and his email address is misterfrikincool@ yadda yadda. Now dude, that ego right there. It's like the guy who goes in for an interview and has his resume labeled with an address of greatbiggunboats@ muscles.com. Do you really need to tell the world via your eletronic mail tag what you think about yourself? It's been my experience that when somebody thinks they're something great, they're usually delusional. Why can't people have email addresses that just get the job done? Like jrsmith@ whatever. Or even something ambiguous, like boater72@ ilikesailing. I took an email address from a guy the other day and it was something to the tune of str8outtahe...you get the idea. Why can't a web moniker be used to express onesself without labeling the individual as an egotistical prick or a possessed psycho? You're feeling me here, right? So, I think I'm going to go change my email address from slavelabor@ weemplyslaves to bestdadintheworld@ mykidsrbettrthnurs.

No comments: