Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Leave it in 1993


I would first like to express what an honor it is to serve as a guest columnist here at TMC. I hope to serve the blog well. Now, let’s get down to it…

I don’t know why, but for some reason it bugs the $!%# out of me every time I see a fella walking around with an extra 6-18 inches of his braided belt hanging from his waistline. There was a time, namely 1990-1993, when it was extremely popular to buy and wear your braided belt too long. Do you know whom I blame for this? Marky Mark. I also blame M squared for hooded flannel shirts and fellas letting their underpants hang out the back of their jeans, but that will have to wait for another post.

Sure, there are times when a braided belt can accessorize an outfit nicely, but I would go so far as to say that a braided belt should never be worn unless accompanied by other fine accessories, like silk ties and cufflinks.

I will close with this tip for those who continue to allow their belts hang outside of the loops. They are the same two options that doctors give to those considering a “gender reassignment”: Tuck it in or cut it off.


No comments: