Monday, March 17, 2008

In like a Lion, out like a???

Here we are in the middle of March, and after a week or more of snow-less, warming weather I'm sitting at the computer and there is snow falling outside. And these are not flakes, they're snowballs. Anyhow, I'm curious to see how March marches out. Will we see warm weather or will global warming strike again in the form of a blizzard? One can never tell in NW Ohio.
We're supposed to hear on Thursday who's getting cut at work. Everyone feels like it could be them and the rumor mill has been churning out gossip overtime. I gave up worrying about who's going and who's staying some time ago. I don't think that worry would do me any good so I'm trying to focus on going forward and facing whatever challenges that getting cut or being left behind to pick up the pieces may bring. This attitude is definitely not the norm for me as I'm the type that likes to be in control. I don't like thinking that I may possibly be out of work in a week or two, unable to provide for my family. I am a strict schedularian; I hate being late and am prone to check my watch religiously. I'm sure I drive my coworkers nuts and my wife probably wishes I would chill more often than not, but it's in my genes to be in control of things as much as I possibly can. However, God has really put on my heart lately the realization that I'm too focused on being in control. He doesn't want me to be in control of my life, He wants me to let Him be in control. Hard concept to accept for a 25 year old who sweats over time and finances like my life depends on it. My mom, wise woman that she is, often tells me that I just need to chill. I certainly know that's true and that in order to follow Christ better I need to let things go and trust in Him. Still working on that.

No comments: